Cynthia Bach Sims - Harrisville, New Hampshire - http://www.oliverstudios.com
Weaving (5 day intensive course) - Deborah Chandler at Harrisville Designs, Harrisville, New Hampshire
www.weavearealpeace.org (Summer 2008)
Ceramics (8 week course) - Jeff Brown Pottery, Northwood, New Hampshire
www.jeffbrownpottery.com (April - June 2000)
Weaving Course - Fiber Studio, Henniker, New Hampshire (1997)
"Philosophical Foundations of Counseling" Course - Marywood College Graduate School, Scranton, Pennsylvania (1978)
Master of Arts - Visual Arts - William Patterson University, Wayne, NJ
Major: Graphics/Printmaking, Cumulative GPA: 3.80 (completed 1977)
Bachelor of Arts - Art / Art Education - William Patterson University, Wayne, NJ
Cumulative GPA: 3.35 (completed 1975)
My first artistic employment was as the first female graduate assistant of William Patterson University. I have had many interesting art employment experiences since then including: teaching art to prison inmates, cataloging art at an art museum, illustrating for a small cultural newspaper, substituting for art classes at a public school - using my own lessons, explaining framing and art supplies to customers at a small art shop, working at a weaving mill that used antique mechanical looms, and starting my own business - Oliver Studios, while I teach art full time to grades K-12 at Dublin Christian Academy in Dublin, New Hampshire. I also have prior experience judging art competitions at both the local and state levels.
EARLY SHOWS AND HONORS
1. I was included in numerous exhibits, and had several solo art shows in connection with my college career at William Patterson University and the Wayne (NJ) Public Library.
2. I exhibited and competed in numerous summer art shows between 1972 and 1977, winning awards in each and using the award monies to finance all of my art supplies and art activities while in college.
3. I was published in the Annual Student Art Magazine of William Patterson University.
4. A serigraph project (with many connecting parts) was financed by the Student Art Association of William Patterson University at the recommendation of well-known artist and professor, John Day. This project was later included in the permanent collection of William Patterson University.
5. I exhibited at the Monmouth College Annual Juried Art Show in 1974, and won a purchase award to be included in the permanent exhibit of the college.
6. I exhibited in the 3rd annual NJAAPL Open State Juried Exhibition in 1974.
7. I was the college student chosen to represent the State of NJ in the 1975 Society of Illustrators National Juried Show and Scholarship Competition in New York City.
8. I exhibited a series of six etchings in the Symposium on Women in the Arts, Women's Professional Artists Association Art Show and Talk given in May of 1976 at Wesleyan University in Middletown, Connecticut.
9. Six of my prints were exhibited in June and July of 1976 at the Bergen Community Museum in Paramus, New Jersey.
In 2005 & 2006, I had work displayed at the Annual Open Studio Art Tour and Exhibitions at the Sharon Arts Center. I also exhibited at the 2007 Harrisville/Nelson Art Show where the prints "Bell Tower & Full Moon" and "First Snow" (from my Historic Harrisville series) were featured.
Home - About The Artist - Private Instruction - View A Map - Classes - Contact
All Content (c)2009 Oliver Studios. All Rights Reserved.